Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sheridan Animation Year End

Yes, as April draws to a close, so too does this year of the Sheridan College Animation program. The last few weeks are always pretty crazy, with students trying to stay on top of last assignment deadlines and we in the faculty going bug-eyed from all of the final grading! But now it's done and everybody can breathe a collective sigh of relief and start enjoying the spring and summer weather to come.

Here are a few photos I took this week and some caricatures of my 2nd Year students:

The selection process behind which student caricatures made it into this particular montage was determined by the following group shot photo at Monaghan's Pub across the street from Sheridan, taken after my classes wrapped up on Thursday April 22. The students in the caricature are Laurel Dalgleish, Evee Fex-Chriszt, Drew Petursson, Justin Hartley, Keely Turple and Caroline Hung. Hopefully you can match them all up with their real faces pictured below. The wise old sage in the photo is none other than my friend and Sheridan Animation colleague, Mark Mayerson, whose terrific blog is probably well known to many of my readers.


This pretty young lady is Lisa Kathofer, another one of my 2nd Year Character Design students who finally had her caricature drawn on the last day. Watch those deadlines, Lisa!

The fellow pictured above is Josh Heisie, a student in the Film and Television program at Sheridan, who is a friend of my former student, Amir Avni.

For the entire series of Sheridan 2009/2010 2nd Year mugshots, you can find them all posted here on my Facebook page.

Incidentally, for those in the vicinity, I'll be drawing caricatures along with several animation students for visitors to Sheridan's Open House, coming up this Saturday, May 1st. Here are some pics from last year's event. I hope some of you can stop by to say hello!

6 comments:

Jesse Winchester said...

Wow!
Awesome stuff here Pete. Looks like you're givin' the students a ton of inspiration. Kinda wish we had crossed paths when I was at Sheridan.

Josh said...

That's me!
Thanks for the drawing Pete!
Josh

Ron said...

Wonderful style, Pete. I always enjoy your caricatures!

Drew Petursson: said...

You sure had some handsome students this year!


(Thanks again for the caricature)

chumpmonkey said...

nice work. somehow, my year at sheridan (class 0f 2001) missed out on being taught by you, but you did teach (and draw)several friends of mine from the year before ours (mike higgins, eric henze, greg brown et al).always liked your cool, cartoony caricature style.

Dylan said...

have you done any caricatures of mark? I'd love to see one!